Friday, June 24, 2011

La Mint.

So last night I went to La Mint in Darlinghurst for a 6 course wine matching dinner with Robert Oatley Vineyards.

I'd have to say, the food and matching wines were quite amazing.

Not to mention the company I was with too :-)

I actually missed the entree photo (FAIL), which was spring rolls but cooked and modelled in a very unique way.

Smoked Salmon Roll
the traditional Vietnamese rice paper roll has a generous serving of smoked salmon introduced into it

Chilli Pepper Soft Shell Crab
battered soft shell crab with spicy chilli balanced with salt and shallots

Duck a la Cherry
duck seasoned with five different spices with a French cherry glaze

Pied de Cochon
crispy, tender pork leg with bearnaise sauce

Flan Caramel
egg custard with caramel topping with fresh fruits

Many thanks to La Mint for hosting the special night and serving up great food;
 and also to the awesome family that invited me along.

Oh and I'm definitely going back.

Find their website here
And their Facebook here

No comments:

Post a Comment