Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thursday 9th: Lex!

i've always wanted a dog.

not that i've never had one anyway;
but in 1996, back in kindy, our purebred dalamatian, Dotty impaled himself on the pool fence trying to jump.

I was only 5 at the time, but I could probably draw up the image of what I saw on that day.

come to think of it, that day was quite crazy.

It was the day before we left for indonesia, one of our regular trips back home. But for some reason my mum forgot to tell the teacher that I wouldn't be in for the last few days of school, so we popped in the day before we left into the class and she let the teacher know, as i crawled around the classroom as I do.

Upon getting home we got locked out in the back room - dead locked and hence had to jump out of the back window to get out. That's when we discovered the dog impaled, covered in blood and of course already dead.

It was lucky that I was probably too young to appreciate dogs back then, because I would probably have taken it very differently today.

I love dogs, and they seem to know that as well.

Especially this cute little (not really) beagle.

o harro

No comments:

Post a Comment